12/30/2008

This week Baby will be forty-six weeks, and there have been many developments which I have neglected to report:
  • In addition to twinkling, she now claps. Yay! I let Husband believe he had taught her this skill, but in reality, I had already seen her do this several days before at Grandma's house. Grandma had been teaching her to clap.
  • Not only is she a pro at crawling, she is now pulling herself up using anything in reach. She mostly pulls up on the coffee table, Husband's chair, and her high chair. Once she gets up, she is happy for a while, then whines when it gets tiring.
  • There is no hiding from Baby anymore. While she was distracted by her toys, I slipped away to the bathroom, even closing the door. As soon as I sat down, I heard the muffled plopping of her hands as she crawled as quickly as she could to find me. She pushed open the door, peeked in, and smiled. This morning, she was playing with Husband while I was showering. According to Husband, as soon as she heard the water turn off, she zipped away and came crawling to the bedroom.
  • There has been a noticeable increase in babbling. She has been trying out different consonants and making new syllables.
  • After much practice (with Grandma and me), today Baby has been practicing her 'Please and Thank you' gestures. She holds out her hands together, palms up, and waits for whatever it is she wants, then she will try to give it back. We did this back and forth several times today. Too cute.
  • Baby has become attached to a little monkey with magnets in its hands and feet. She crawls around while gripping its head in her hand. She will not hold the monkey any other way. Given the body in her hand, she will grab it by the head with the other hand and crawl away.
  • Baby loves yogurt.
  • Baby loves rice. (Go figure.)
  • Baby likes dogs. But from a distance.

From Anneli 6

'This is my monkey!'
From Anneli 6

No comments:

Post a Comment