1/13/2009

Now we are forty-seven weeks and some odd days, and we are quickly approaching the one-year mark. This weekend, we have an appointment for portraits--just Baby, as I refuse to be professionally photographed with my strange fluffy hair. (Am I the only one that thinks it looks like my hair has a brow?) Baby will be dressed in her pretty pink hanbok, but the real test will be how long she is willing to stay calm wearing it. She also gets anxious with strangers, and I'm hoping she will be okay with sitting by herself.

She was a bit ill this weekend, just a slight fever. She literally clung to me on Sunday, and we just ended up on the couch watching TV together.

What else has she learned? Well, I think she is starting to understand what all her "omma" babbling means. Grandma says Baby will stop in the middle of playing, crawl over to the pictures on the wall, and say "omma" as she points at my picture. Baby also twinkles to music other than "Twinkle Twinkle." She is eating more solid foods now, and she pretty much wants to try anything we eat. She won't eat foods with particularly strong flavors, but she loves lightly flavored foods like mashed potatoes, chicken, and breads. Baby also likes her YoBaby! yogurt. (Very thick, very fatty. Mmm, I think.)

Growing older has also brought on growing pains. Her personality has developed a lot recently, and she is a very picky baby. She is particularly fussy at night sometimes, and she doesn't like to drink breastmilk as much as she used to. I'm going to start her on some whole milk this week and see how she likes it.

Will post her pictures as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment